Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vegan Snickerdoodles

Okay another vegan recipe!
This comes from when I was in high school and I have recently rediscovered it.
I got it from Janae who, i believe got it from Becca so I can't exactly source this recipe but I can definitely share it with you!!!

These are for sure the moistest cookies ever. I thought they would taste like my vegan apple cinnamon cookies, but they are a completely different texture and not as sweet but equally as lovable.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. maple syrup
egg replacer equivalent of 1 egg- i use about a half cup of applesauce or half a banana
cinnamon and sugar (to coat)

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients and stir wet into dry. Using your hands form the dough into a big ball. (if it sticks together well, then its the right consistency, if not, add a bit of water and mix it well.) Form the dough into cookie-sized balls and roll them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each ball a little bit (I didn't do this, but my dough was soft enough that it flatten itself a little). Bake at 375 degrees for about 6-7 minutes.

I used a little less oil and a little less than a half cup applesauce and they were still gooey when i tried to form the balls. I couldn't count them because everyone at them as soon as they came out of the oven, but I think its like 2 dozen.

-jmg

1 comment:

  1. ohhh how i miss baking these for the environmental awareness club! and selling them to kids for pot money.

    ReplyDelete